Search This Blog

Monday, April 27, 2009

YOU ARE ONLY AS OLD AS YOU FEEL OH WAIT BUT I FEEL OLD UH


So this happened:



To be fair, during this tremendous round of bad decision making, both my hairstylist and I were fairly (ok very) drunk and so was everyone else, but the important thing was that this was my recent 36th birthday and with the cries of my ever patient girlfriend K ringing in my ears ("THIS IS A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO CLING TO YOUR YOUTH") this is how the evening shaped up. (Later on I managed to fall backwards off of my lowlying deck into a snow drift, laughing all the way, but that will have to inspire a different post maybe sometime or never)

Which brings to mind those songs that become permanent HOLY CRAP IM SO DRUNK AND IT IS MY BIRTHDAY I NEED TO HEAR THIS 14 TIMES IN A ROW classics, which I assume is a trait common to everyone, and if not, well I am sorry that you are dead inside and perhaps you should go take a long hard look in the mirror before the old age medication kicks in for the evening and try to reilluminate that youthful spark.

To clarify, I'm not generally talking about songs that talk about your birthday or anyones birthday like that cloying godforsaken Beatles song - in fact it is hard to figure out why they have this staying power but shrugmoticon, they do, so whatever.

First up is Firewater - Bourbon and Division which will throw me into an inconsolable petulant fit if unavailable right around midnight, which might explain why my friends don't really enjoy taking me out to bars on my birthday. I have no idea what the hell is going on with the video here, but at least you can hear the song so, um, thanks weird internet dude.

So yeah, once I've warmed up the crowd with that cuddly little number, I usually move right into some horrible unpleasant only enjoyable to me nonsense like BELPHEGOR. Sometimes though, I am feeling like making everyone happy and play the best song ever* "She Will Only Bring You Happiness" by mclusky, (now defunct, sob, but have been suceeded by Future Of The Left, which will come up here eventually) which seriously can do no wrong, and is full of enough joy to make the inevitable hangover worth having and propel me through time to current age +1.


*note: maybe not the best song ever, but it is when I am drunk and it is my birthday. so there.

http://www.bloodshotrecords.com/artist/firewater
http://www.belphegor.at/index2.php
http://beggarsgroupusa.com/mclusky/

No comments:

Post a Comment