Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Oh, what is this

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm confused; maybe I'm not supposed to be here at all. The little questions prey on the idle mind like maggots worming their way through a hearty meal of dead bison and all we can do at the end of the day is roll over and fall into the little death better known as "sleep." (Or, if you're lucky, "shameful slap sex.")

In theory there should be something said about music here but I've got a hot chick waiting for me to go out so I'll say this: the new Basement Jaxx record is so awful that it makes me want to burn everything they own. For shame, Basement Jaxx, or perhaps should I say "Basement Tone-Deaf Fuckers Who Used To Know Better Than To Sing On Their Singles."



HANG YOUR HEAD! HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME!

http://www.basementjaxx.co.uk/ (lol placeholder website)
http://www.myspace.com/basementjaxx

3 comments:

  1. But they did sing on their own singles--"Where's Your Head At," "Rendez-Vouz."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so maybe I should elaborate on that; when they sang on their singles in the past, it worked, largely because the songs didn't rely on the charisma of the singer to carry them. They work best as disaffected flat-affect commentary ("If I Ever Recover") or post-punk yelpiness ("Waiting Room"); "Rendez-Vouz" worked because the vocal line was vocodered into submission and "Where's Your Head At" worked because it was more yelled than sung. "Raindrops" attempts to go for a smooth vocal and fails miserably.

    ReplyDelete