Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2009

ACCEPT YOUR FAILINGS. NO SERIOUSLY ACCEPT THEM.

There are a lot of things that we all have difficulties accepting about ourselves, and despite my obvious TRANSFIXING ability to blog, and BLOG WELL, I understand these things just like a normal less blog-capable sort might be more easily inclined to do. Sometimes it comes in the form of realizing that other people (which you share a certain sort of basic human equal value to on some level) have internet capabilities that you do not share, like hotlinking successfully with the greatest of ease, and thus moving through the internet sea like a beautiful shark, smooth and shiny and yet deadly and effective.

It is a tough road of self-discovery, but it is not one without merit, my friends. Together we can all grow, and flourish.

Anyway, in the interest of "I have a problem" internet anonymous self-awareness, I present two (2!) individual points of light on my path to share with you my deepest seated quickly dashed off in between episodic television on DVD FEELINGS. First, I am willing to accept the mucky inconsistent garbage that is packaged up for us under the rubric of "post-rock" as long as it is sold in some sort of metal context (hey whats up Isis and Pelican I see what you are doing there) as evidenced by the fact that the Red Sparowes, (which I only know about because of the fine fine people at robotic empire) are currently one of my favorite things ever at least for the next 15 or so minutes.

The second point is that no matter what I achieve in life, no matter how far I carry forward the flag of human endeavor and expression, even at the highest heights (think first published work, or making a baby, or whatever the kids are turning to for the mark of achievement in the new economy) nothing I ever do will be even half as cool as or reach the toes that TELEX is dipping in our cultural pool.

No shamepain in my campaign.

http://www.redsparowes.com/
http://www.telex-music.com/ (DO NOT IGNORE - WEBSITE MADE ENTIRELY OUT OF FUN)

2 comments:

  1. 1. This haircut took forEVER (I was a witness - possibly the only sober witness there), and a cat brush was used for a comb and 2. The real burning question is this: what does your hair look like now?

    PS I love that Firewater song like mad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dammit, that comment belongs in the slightly newer post. Evidently I should be sleeping at night, not messing around on the interwebs.

    ReplyDelete