Search This Blog

Monday, August 3, 2009

MY ahem MINE ALL MINE FAVORITE SONG I NEVER LISTEN TO

biting my co-bloggers steez here, but so here are my genius results for "Another Perfect Catastrophe" by Firewater

Another Perfect Catastrophe - Firewater
Tell Me When It's Over - Dream Syndicate
Little Drop of Poison - Tom Waits
Think Locally, Fuck Globally - Gogol Bordello
Guero Canelo - Calexico
Medication - Son Volt
Blown A Wish - My Bloody Valentine
I Got Stung - Elvis Presley
Paradise - Firewater
So Like Candy - Elvis Costello
T.V. Eye - The Stooges
When The Day Is Short - Martha Wainwright
El Picador - Calexico
The Long Cut - Uncle Tupelo
The Good Ones - The Kills
Engwish Bwudd - Man Man
Chocolate Jesus - Tom Waits
So Long, Superman - Firewater (no available youtube. this is a great song tho so find it plz)
I'm Not In Love - Tori Amos
Woke Up New - The Mountain Goats
I Only Said - My Bloody Valentine
I Think I Need A New Heart - The Magnetic Fields
Cure For Pain - Morphine
Deep Red Bells - Neko Case
Blindness - The Fall

my feelings on this are

unknown. huh.

2 comments:

  1. ok so listening to this through:

    1. AWESOME
    2. i get it i think maybe? no not really i dont get it. like the song tho.
    3. undeniable perfection
    4. um shameless me is forced to admit that i like this
    5. ok not the best calexico but whatever
    6. failing to see connection, but not bad
    7. this makes no sense. ned will be happy. why does it sound like the record is warped. i am becoming upset.
    8. uh
    9. part one: genius is not trying very hard. part two: this song is the shit and i need to pay more attention to this album. THE SHIT I TELL YOU
    10. sorry about the paul mccartney problem wrt youtube. song is ok.
    11. well duh this song is great and firewater should prob take this as a compliment but genius got some explaining to do
    12. not terrible, but missing the point somehow
    13. the one song that my internal genius function would put on this list
    14. shrugs
    15. cool song. dunno why its here tho.
    16. i love this song BURN ME I AM A HIPSTERE
    17. yeah um more tom waits not really surprising me here
    18. this song as mentioned above is great. still, not really flexing the algorithm muscle here guys.
    19. this makes no sense
    20. awwwww. not sure why this fits, but wtf, great song, good dude, i will allow it.
    21. if i talk more about this ned is going to get mad at me. WHY DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A WARPED RECORD TO ME?!?? is my mp3 broken?
    22. yep i like the magnetic fields. i like this song. BUT THIS MAKES NO SENSE.
    23. yeah sure fine i dont ever need to hear morphine again tho sorry dead dude.
    24. this only makes sense if it is the live austin city limits version, which this is. ok it kind of makes sense. ok now it doesnt. huh.
    25. ok the last track must be the payoff track because this is a perfect and totally unexpected recommendation - although it must be taking a cop shoot cop sub-knowledge turn somewhere in that tricky computer brain. dead on 6 degrees of seperation brilliant here tho.

    ReplyDelete